Thursday, March 6, 2008
Well, golly. Apologies to those who ended up here looking for the band The Bad Livers. They were a mighty fine band. But, no, this is not a post on them. It's the name of a brand spankin' new Barstool Mountain mix made especially for...you. Yes, you, with your can of of Hamm's Beer sittin' by the computer screen.
There's a vague theme running through the following mix, but it's not really important. What's important is that this is but a very small portion of some of our fave rave drinking songs, not found in any Top 100 list (you know which one we're talking about).
So click on the link following the track listing, download the mix, and pop a top again and again. And again. Who needs a liver anyway?
The Barstool Mountain Bad Livers Mix (66:07)
(mp3 file follows track listing)
1. Loser's Cocktail (Dick Curless)
2. I'm Gonna Tie One Tonight (The Wilburn Brothers)
3. Hey Bartender, Give That Man A Drink (Jumpin' Joe Williams)
4. Soft Lips and Hard Liquor (Charlie Walker)
5. Wine Women and Whiskey (Papa Lightfoot)
6. My Baby Got Drunk (Paul "Wine" Jones)
7. Sorrow On The Rocks (Porter Wagoner)
8. Bar Exam (The Derailers)
9. Drinkin' Buddies (The Railbenders)
10. I Can't Go Home Like This (Ray Price)
11. Eight Weeks In A Barroom (Ramblin' Red Bailey)
12. Sittin' Here Drinking (Blind James Campbell)
13. Hey Brother, Pour The Wine (Dean Martin)
14. Drinkin' Thing (Gary Stewart)
15. Sangria Wine (Jerry Jeff Walker)
16. Head Happy With Wine (Stick McGhee)
17. Whiskey River (Johnny Bush)
18. Rye Whiskey (Blue Mountain)
19. Big Rock Candy Mountain (Harry McClintock)
20. One More Beer (Big Bill Lister)
21. Night Life (Willie Nelson)
22. Drink Up and Go Home (Jimmy Martin)
23. Cemetery Row (The Minus 5)
24. More Pricks Than Kicks (Shane Macgowan and the Popes)
Bad Livers (mp3)
Yes, we've got some Saint Patrick's celebration on the horizon. Keep your tab open.