Monday, May 7, 2007
Misery Loves Company
You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.
Actually, that's not true. You can stay as long as you want. This tavern is always open.
Welcome back to week two of Barstool Mountain, the future home of The Big Rock Candy Mountain Top 100 Drinking Songs.
For now, for those of you who are stopping by for the first time, we're continuing our list of all the great songs that got votes for the Top 100, but didn't make the final cut. There's some swell tunes here (many of which I voted for in my ballot), and we're going to be covering most of these in more depth down the line.
As ever, if you've got a gripe that your favorite song didn't make this list or the Top 100, or if you've got a fave rave that you think everyone should know about, let us know. We're Barstool socialists here, and welcome all comers. We'll even offer you a whole post to rant.
Here ya go.
201. Tennessee Whiskey (George Jones)
202. All That Wine Is Gone (Big Jay McNeely)
203. Beer(So Nice) (JD and Evil's Dynamite Band)
204. She's Drunk Again (Lonnie Johnson)
205. Drinkin' Woman (Lightning Hopkins)
206. Summer Wine (Lee Hazlewood)
207. Here I Am Drunk Again (Webb Pierce)
208. Sure Had A Wonderful Time Last Night (Louis Jordan)
209. Blackberry Wine (Jack Newman)
210. Bar Exam (The Derailers)
211. Just One More (George Jones)
212. Sweet Tequila Blues (Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez)
213. Alcohol and Jake Blues (Tommy Johnson)
214. Bartender (Ernest Tubb and Loretta Lynn)
215. Save Me The Label (Ted Newton)
216. Bartender's Blues (George Jones)
217. I'm Gonna Hire A Wino(To Decorate Our Home) (David Frizzell)
218. The Whiskey Aint Workin' Anymore (Marty Stuart)
219. Misery Loves Company (Porter Wagoner)
220. Let's Drink some Whiskey (Al Jackson)