Thursday, May 3, 2007

Two Glasses, Joe















Not feeling particularly chatty this time. I'll let the list and songs speak for themselves.

The goal here is to write an individual post for each and every tune. From this list, the Top 100 currently counting down at Big Rock Candy Mountain, and any great drinking songs we missed that you think we should cover. Your suggestions are always welcome. We've already got one brave soul who's come forward with an offer to write some posts. You too can participate. We're a friendly neighborhood bar here.

If you're just stopping by and have no idea what the hell we're talking about, scroll down a bit.

I'll shut up now. I've got a bottle of Scotch and some friends waiting. And you're here for the free tunes anyway, not to read me pattering on.

Thanks for stopping by. Stop back for more fun. We aim to please.

161. Losers, Boozers and Heroes (fIREHOSE)
162. I Buy The Wine (Lefty Frizzell)
163. Rot (Scrawl)
164. Mad Dog 20/20 (Jack O and the Tearjerkers)
165. Vicious Vicious Vodka (Amos Milburn)
166. I Drink (Mary Gauthier)
167. Baby I'm Drunk (Reverend Horton Heat)
168. Mean Ole Bartender Blues (Lee Melson)
169. Fifteen Years Ago (Conway Twitty)
170. Last Call For Alcohol (Charlie Walker)
171. Alcohol and Pills (Fred Eaglesmith)
172. Baptize Me In Wine (Screamin' Jay Hawkins)
173. Drunken Hearted Man (Robert Johnson)
174. Set 'Em Joe and Play Walking the Floor (Vern Gosdin)
175. Set Up Two Glasses Joe (Ernest Tubb)
176. Barstool Blues (Neil Young)
177. Someday I'll Sober Up (Johnny Russell)
178. I Let A Stranger Buy The Wine (Kay Adams)
179. Everybody Got Hammered (Joe Ely)
180. Snortin' Whiskey, Drinkin' Cocaine (Pat Travers)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's up with your ID3 tags?

Anonymous said...

A couple of my new found favs are on todays list. I Drink by Mary Gauthier. It's telling the storyof the second generation getting cronic with your tonic. And it is as matter of fact as "I Drink."
The second one that I really took a liking to while we were judging was Booze and Pills by Fred Eaglesmith. Great account of those who rocked and have fallen. I think he missed Keith Moon.