Friday, May 11, 2007
I Can't Go Home Like This
There's an mp3 further down.
This is the final installment of the vote-getters in Big Rock Candy Mountain's Top 100 Drinking Songs. But don't get a tear in yr beer quite yet.
Starting Monday we become the official home of the Top 100 list. We'll be posting about individual songs in the big list, and much, much more. Song samples (for evaluation purposes, of course) galore! We'll be covering all songs drinking, and we'll be your one-stop shop for all the boozy tunes you crave. We've got several guest posters lined up, and we encourage any of you to contribute. Any songs we've missed? Tell us about it. Great tunes that deserve more attention? Tell us about it.
We're aiming for two posts a week. Monday to help you recover, and Friday to get you ready for the weekend.
Pithy observations! Keen analysis! Swell rockin' tunes! Naked...well, probably no nudity.
We aim to please here at Barstool Mountain. Music for the people and by the people.
Come back Monday for our inaugural non-countdown post. I'm thinking we'll have a feller who's intials are M.E. to start us off. His band's initials are AMC, and he's created a besotted body of work over the last 20 years that would make the ocean proud.
Thanks for visiting.
276. Sangria Wine (Jerry Jeff Walker)
277. Whiskey 'n' Mama (ZZ Top)
278. I Can't Go Home Like This (Ray Price)
279. For You (Sid Starr)
280. Take Your Whiskey Home (Van Halen)
281. 99 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall (Traditional)
282. Red Necks, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer (Johnny Russell)(mp3)
283. Pink Elephants On Parade (From the film Dumbo, perfectly covered by Sun Ra and His Arkestra)
284. Alcoholic Blues (Tampa Red)
285. The Girl Behind The Bar (Stanley Brothers)
286. Wine Don't Lie (Dale Watson)